Friday, June 6, 2008

I Have Found Me A Home

WooHoo! The movers from Rossway Transport delivered my stuff yesterday and tonight will be my first night in my new place. Only two guys came to unload everything, but it still went relatively quickly. At least this time there was an elevator to use. (They poor men from Bolliger who moved me out of Boston had to deal with the 4th floor walk-up I was in!) I was very impressed with the Bolliger service – nothing broke and everything made it; but, my carbon footprint increased three-fold in size from moving due to the amount of packing material, boxes and tape they used.

It will be nice to be in my own place and space, even though staying at Gwen’s has been great. However, I think I have watched more TV the past five weeks than I have in the past five years! Gwen’s has the super cable package so we’d watch Simpsons reruns, CSI reruns (my choice), Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Gwen’s choice), and movies. I only have a phone line activated right now (but no phone) and I need to get the full TV/broadband/phone setup done. Yes, I will actually have a TV since my colleagues got me one; plus, it’s cheaper to get the trifecta of services, and I need the phone to call the States, and the broadband for, well, connection to the world, so it makes sense to have TV. Besides, if I watch British TV, it’s a cultural study, not entertainment, right?

Everything is unpacked and just tossed everywhere. I have some semblance of order (i.e. kitchen stuff is in kitchen area), but that’s about it. Most importantly, I got my bed made and my Snoopy’s unpacked (only 2 of them came with me). Now, if I could just figure out how to get the hot water turned on…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new place looks cute & I Hope you enjoy it. I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks Megs!

Nancy said...

Send your address, please!!!