Friday, June 6, 2008

Growing Older But Not Up

What is it about me? Do I really look like I’m under 25? Ok, I know I commute with a back pack and in my sneakers (“trainers” to Brits (which are only worn at the gym) and “gym shoes” to you Mid-Westerners), but certainly, I look over 21, right?

At the grocery check-out counters, whenever I have a bottle of wine, the check-out person gives me about a quintuple take at which point I just respond with my age.

Then again, I went to “Cards Galore” (aka Hallmark – they use Hallmark bags, but it’s not the name of the store?) after church a few weeks ago and bought a new Snoopy (not full-size, but medium) and a Snoopy tea mug. The woman at the checkout asked if I wanted gift wrap or box and I said no, they were for me. Then the other store clerk came up and said those make great gifts for kids, asked if I wanted gift wrap, and again I said, no, they’re for me. What, adults don't buy stuffed animals and coffee mugs for themselves?

I guess I shouldn’t complain, but really, still be carded ten years later?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Buying Snoopy treats in Card Galore? Jigsaw puzzles? Church? I love it. I take it the tone of this blog will depart somewhat from that of Nancy's Adult Friend Finder blog...

Family fun for all ages. :)

Nancy said...

Oh please, I still get carded at 52. Baby. :D