Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Commuting

Do I have some sort of sign above my head or aura that asks for either overweight or people with BO or people with bad breath to sit by me on the bus or subway (or any combination thereof)? Granted, I know I’m not the skinniest of people, but I do take care to contain my body within the confines of the seat.

And why is it always men that seem to take up the most room? Why must men sprawl in their bus seats? Really, how difficult is it to sit with your legs together and cross your arms instead of invading my space?

Do I look like I want your smelly clothes rubbing against my clean ones? Or your bad breath polluting the air I’m breathing at 7 a.m.? Just in case you are unsure, no, I do not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are just SO many people there...I remember going through the same thing. I would have given my right arm to be able to, for example, stand alone in a field for a few moments. Who are all these people and where do they keep coming from at all hours of the day!