Friday, February 20, 2009

Random observations (animals)

--Ok, Amy, Gwen, Joe & I went to the first of 3 appointments Thursday to get our Carte de Sejours (residency permit). Amy and Gwen finished and left, I waited around for Joe. Joe was all set, so we thought we'd stop at a cafe and then call it a day (it was about 4:00). Fine.

We are in a cafe in Place de Clichy (17th / 18th arr.) and hear birds chirping. Yes, we are IN the cafe. We look up and in one of the vents (picture your a/c-heat vent that is usually on the floor) there are lots of tufts of feathers sticking out of it and the chirping is obviously from there.

I figure if the economy gets bad in Paris, they could hire a few health inspectors because they're obviously low on them right now. Or, hire trainers for them!

--After leaving the cafe, I go "home" and drop off my stuff, have dinner and then start walking to bell choir. As I'm waiting to cross the street, a guy holding a rope that is attached to 4 donkeys/ponies comes strolling along down the street behind a car. Huh? All I can figure is these poor animals are used in some way at the Eiffel Tower for children to sit on or tourists to take pictures or some undignified thing. Of course, didn't have my camera.

No comments: