Friday, February 6, 2009

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

I don't know what it is today, but I'm really missing my "5'o'clock somewhere" time at Cornwall's (well, for me it was my like 4 or 4:30 somewhere). Perhaps it's just the stress of work this week, of finding a flat, a few late nights, and the fact that I'm finally able to articulate more what is bothering me culture-shock wise, I don't know. (As for the latter, it's a somewhat good thing because now I know what to fix!)

I just wish today I could've gone to Cornwall's at 4, sat at the bar reading one of my magazines (Rolling Stone, National Geographic, or Games World of Puzzles), talking with the great people there, and enjoying the food, drink and friendship. Sigh.

So, to all of you who are reading this today and heading to Kenmore, have one for me. And, if you're reading this after the fact, have two for me next week!

1 comment:

Tiggs said...

I know it's gotta be tough to be there alone. Hang in there. Soon Paris will feel like your home. I will try to come visit as soon as I can get some time off.