Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Bucket List"

I just posted this to Facebook, so thought I'd repeat here in case you are not on the dreaded thing :

Gone on a blind date – yes
Donated blood – yes (but not anymore, I always pass out, and the US won’t take my blood after living in Europe)
Skipped school - no
Watched someone die - no
Been to Canada - yes
Been to Mexico - yes
Been to Florida - yes
Been to Hawaii - no
Been on a plane - yes
Been on a helicopter - no
Been lost – yes (but never for long as I have a great sense of direction, and am fantastic at reading maps)
Gone to Washington, DC - yes
Swum in the ocean - yesS
wum with stingrays - no
Been sailing in the ocean - yes
Cried myself to sleep - yes
Played cops and robbers - yes
Recently colored with crayons - no
Run a marathon - no
Sung karaoke – yes, but only in a group, and I just mumble along
Volunteered at a soup kitchen - yes
Paid for a meal with coins only - yes
Seen the Northern Lights – not yet (10 more days! Hopefully not cloudy!!!)
Been parasailing - no
Been on TV - yes
Done something you told yourself you wouldn't – I’m sure, although I cannot remember what
Made prank phone calls – not personally, but in the room when others did
Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans - yes
Laughed until some kind of beverage came out my nose - yes
Fired a gun - no
Danced in the rain naked – no, but yes in a bathing suit
Been to the opera - yes
Written a letter to Santa Claus - probably
Skinny dipped - no
Serenaded someone – no, although that would be a good way to torture someone
Had someone serenade me – not that I recall
Seen a U.S. president in person – G HW Bush, in 2006 I believe, on Valentine’s Day, at Fuzzy’s Pizza in Houston
Been kissed under the mistletoe - no
Watched the sunrise with someone – no, but have watched it by myself
Driven a race car - no, unless you count those mini-racetrack things
Been to a national museum - yes
Been to a wax museum – no, and no desire to
Eaten caviar - yes
Gone ice-skating - yes
Been deep sea fishing - no
Driven across the United States – yes , 5 round trips
Been in a hot air balloon - no
Been skydiving – no ; once had a dream I did, ‘chute didn’t open, was at my own funeral
Gone snowmobiling - no
Lived in another country – yes, 4 of them
Lie down outside at night and admired the stars while listening to the crickets – yes, although listening to mosquitos is more accurate
Seen a falling star and made a wish – yes, and have also mistakenly wished on satellites
Enjoyed the beauty of Old Faithful geyser – no (stupid wildfires blocking the southern entrance to the park!)
Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch - yes
Seen the Grand Canyon - yes
Seen the Statue of Liberty - yes
Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle – no, but have been to the top of the CN Tower in Toronto
Been on a cruise – no, and absolutely no desire to
Traveled by train - yes
Traveled by motorcycle - no
Been horseback riding – yes
Ridden on a San Francisco cable car – yes, and actually drove one
Been to Disneyland or Disney World – yes to former (and was a kid and disappointed there weren’t more roller coasters and spin-you-around rides), no to latter
Been in a rainforest - no
Seen whales in the ocean - no
Been to Niagara Falls - yes
Ridden on an elephant – yes (at the zoo)
Swum with dolphins - no
Been to the Olympics – no, although have seen several Olympics parks after the fact. I actually don’t like the Olympics
Walked on the Great Wall of China - yes
Seen and heard a glacier calf – no, but I have seen glaciers
Been spinnaker flying - no
Been water skiing – yes!
Been snow skiing - yes
Been to Westminster Abbey - yes
Been to the Louvre - yes
Swum in the Mediterranean – no, but I did wade in
Been to a Major League Baseball game - yes
Been to a National Football League game – not yet (October, Pats v/s Bucs at Wembley!)
Been to an NBA game - yes
Been to an NFL game - yes
Been to an major league soccer (football) game – yes, 2 in Europe ; none in US
Been whitewater rafting - yes

1 comment:

Tiggs said...

I can't believe you never skipped school. I skipped more than I went in HS.