Thursday, October 30, 2008

New music

I got the new Lucinda Williams CD, Little Honey, yesterday. It's pretty good, but I found her lyrics to be somewhat upbeat, and I wasn't expecting that. Also, it's nothing that breakthrough great, either. Don't get me wrong, even her 'worst' stuff is 10x better than what most radios are playing and than what most artists are producing. She has a great voice, great music, and her lyrics actually tell stories.

The review from Rolling Stone magazine was good (then again, they seem to give everything a high star ranking)

The BBC review was quite harsh, but more honest, I felt.

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

I am always hard pressed to find anything I dislike about Lu. I really like Little Honey and compare it to her Lucinda Williams album aka "The Red Album." I love "Real Love", I think Tears of Joy is incredible and I love how she does some really rock-y, really bluesy and really country all in one album.

Thanks for the post card!!!! What day are you moving???

Tiggs said...

oh and that AC/DC cover is awesome!!