Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good intentions

I tried to go to church today, honestly.

I woke up at 8:30, took a shower, got ready and left. However, I should've realised the signs pointing for me to stay in bed. (1) it is raining outside. and I have a cold, so going out in that isn't too smart. (2) the DLR ('tramway' that takes me to the Tube) is closed for repairs, so bus replacement service. (3) I waited for the bus for 20+ minutes in the rain. I told myself if it wasn't there by 9:50, I'd leave. Of course, it shows up at, literally, 9:49:53. (4) I get off at the next stop, Canning Town, to take the Tube. But, the Tube's Jubilee Line is also down for repair today.

At this point I would've had to wait for another bus to take me further west to Canary Wharf and get the Tube there; but, it was already after 10 and church is at 11 and I was pretty much exhausted from this little bit of activity. So, at that point I turned around and loandbehold a bus back to my stop was approaching. Stopped at the convenience store for a croissant for breakfast and a frozen lasagna for dinner and got home about 45 minutes after I left.

I'm back in my PJs and much happier about spending this rainy Sunday afternoon indoors.

No comments: