Sunday, August 9, 2009

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes


My 2009 Canada modified Top 10 list ; over a 2 week / 14-day / 1 fortnight timeframe :


9-10 : average hours of sleep per night

8 : about the number of times I had a BLT for lunch, my summertime favorite!!

7 : ????

6 : thousand pieces of jigsaw puzzles put together

5 : number of approximate variations of my name Lauren had (my 2 year old niece)*

4 : showers

3 : times ten (30) plus mosquito bites (cumulative) **

3 : bruises (and 2 minor cuts) - a low-injury year for me!

2.5 : litres of Jameson

2 : perfect weather days (last two, figures!)

1 : magazine read, and no books ; just wasn’t into reading this year


* including : Bagin, Biggin, Pigin, Pagan, Vagan. She can say Mommy and Mine quite well, so I’m not so sure what the issue is with my name


** if I live my life and don’t die from, or at least contract, some sort of mosquito borne illness/disease, it will be a miracle


I also learned...


--Playing games together as a family is FUN. We played dominoes two nights (I was 2nd I think?) and Scattergories 1 or 2 nights. I ROCK at Scattergories (at least while playing my family). I LOVE that game. Funny though when one list had “Leisure Activities” and I couldn’t come up with answers in the 3 different rounds we played. That doesn’t say much about me.


--Adam, Heather & my mom are addicted to Scrabble (on the laptop, CD-ROM game). Thank goodness no one wanted to play an actual game because they are just too good.


--Who cares about French baguettes when you can have a Tamworth Bakery bagel every morning?? Certainly not me!


-- This was the longest time (continuous days) I’ve spent in one place in the past 2+ months


--While there is so much to see and do in the area (parks, other lakes, natural beauty, small towns, big town, Old Fort Henry, etc.) I just have no motivation / desire to get in a car and drive any farther than the 4 miles into town.


--My French must be subliminally improving because I could tell from the loud speaker announcements in Montreal airport just how crazy the French Canadian accent is! (I dread starting French classes again in Sept after about 3 months off)


--Why is it Canadians seem to be the only country whose tourists have the Canadian flag as some sort of emblem on their travel gear? (Backpacks, hats, luggage, etc.) Are they just that proud to be Canadian? Are they trying to prove they are not American? Are they hoping that if they meet enough fellow Canadians they can have an impromptu hockey game?

2 comments:

Adam said...

If they have all of their teeth, they'll have an impromptu curling match. Watch out or they'll scrub you with their brooms. :-)

Kate said...

Megs, I am reading all your posts but not commenting enough, but please keep writing!