Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Patriots to play in London in 2009

Ok, I don't care if I'll be living in Paris then - I've got to get tickets for this!!!

The NFL announced Monday that the Patriots will play the Buccaneers next season in London.

The game, which will be the Patriots' first regular-season game outside of the U.S., will be held Oct. 25, 2009.

The game, which technically is hosted by the Buccaneers, will be at Wembley Stadium.

"We are proud to be selected by the NFL to be featured in next year's international game," New England Patriots Chairman and CEO Robert Kraft said in a press release. "We have had a lot of memorable moments in recent years. I am sure our trip to the United Kingdom next year will prove to be an unforgettable experience for our players and coaches, as well as the many fans that will travel to the game. I think it is fitting that New England's first game to be played outside of North America will be in England. I know that the UK is home to some of our most passionate Patriots fans and we look forward to the experience."

No comments: