Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back to the Island

I arrived back in London this morning and am now (at 15:36) in my flat and am staying in the rest of the night. Yes, I know it is New Year's Eve but it is cold, cloudy and foggy here and I am NOT going out to battle the crowds and such. I'm looking forward to putting on my PJs, cooking something for dinner, watching a movie, watching CSI episodes on TV (the first 2 episodes with the miniatures! And, actually the first CSI episode I ever saw - a few years ago with Tiggs - it has a minature and a death at a Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas). Anyway.

The flight back was ok but I got only about 2 hours of sleep - which is unusual for me as I am a great plane sleeper. The woman next to me was probably in here early/mid 80s and obviously had arthritis / joing aches. Fine. I completely understand that sitting for 8 hours can be torture, especially when in pain. But, she kept rubbing her leg/knee, sometimes rocking back and forth with the motion, and changing her sitting position, and getting up to walk around. Every time she did this, she inadvertently hit me in the leg or arm or side or whatever. It made sleeping impossible! Somehow, I am still awake and not a zombie. Weird. Staying awake until midnight will be interesting.

I got back and all is well in my flat (although it is cold!). Went to the grocery and dry cleaner. Am doing laundry and unpacking. You know, the usual single-female-in-the-city activities on New Year's Eve. Wait, I must've missed that episode of "Sex and the City"

I want to go see the London New Year's Day Parade tomorrow, work on Friday, then musuems and packing this weekend. Movers come in exactly two weeks!

Anyway, happy new year to all!

No comments: