Saturday, December 20, 2008

It figures



Taking the lead from Tiggs' blog, I'll say "U know what this means". I have a cold/flu. And it figures as I generally always seem to get one on vacation. 

The flight from London to Cincinnati on Friday was fun. For about 3 hours I was freezing cold to the point of teeth chattering, and the ends of my fingers were feeling tingly. So that was 3 hours of internal panic. Then, that ended and I started getting really warm and achy. When we landed, it was all I could do just to walk through the airport to meet my dad at baggage claim.

We got home and I immediately put on my PJs and laid down on the couch. We took my temperature and it was 104!!! My face was on fire but the rest of me was cold. I just laid there with a cold washcloth on my face, eating cheerios and drinking water. My dad kept bringing me whatever I needed, would hold the cup of water for me so I wouldn't have to sit up - basically being great (he also has the most amazing immune system (knock on wood))! My mom just tried to stay away so she wouldn't get any germs.

My brother and sister-in-law are saints though. Whenever I fly in on a Friday, the whole family goes to Price Hill Chili and I get a goetta grilled cheese sandwich and mac-n-cheese (this is really good mac-n-cheese and the woman who makes it only works on Fridays). Anyway, Adam & Heather got an order of goetta and mac-n-cheese to go and brought it to me for dinner!

I then went to bed and slept for 12 hours. Fever is nearly gone, but still have this chest cough and every time I cough, my head feels like it's being squeezed.

Bah humbug.

No comments: