Friday, August 8, 2008

Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

I am soooo happy - one of the two camping chairs I ordered came today! It is the kind that you can fold up and carry with you, complete with head rest, extended foot rest, and cup holder. Now, I can actually sit outside on my patio and relax. And that is just what I have been doing tonight. I have a feeling my remaining months in London will be spent this way!

Sure, it helps that I am reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. What a phenomenally amazing book. Its so well written, poignant, thought provoking…I wish I weren’t reading it so quickly so I could actually digest the larger issues, morality, consequences, etc. But the writing and story are just so good, I can barely put it down. I’m on page 200 and I just started reading it last night!

It just feels so good to sit and relax. I am in a bit of a funk right now with regard to work - just finding it difficult to be 200% motivated all the time. With all the merger stuff, trying to figure out who's moving when, who's responsible for what, who reports to whom, who has what title, when responsibilities are supposed to transfer, what IT platforms we're using, piecing together what someone heard from someone else that someone else was thinking about doing something or heard something...it's all a bit much. Things keep changing so quickly that when I think I have some of it figured out, the paradigm shifts again.

For tonight I'll just breathe in, breathe out, move on and sit and relax in my chair.

No comments: