Saturday, August 9, 2008

Batman

Just watched Batman: The Dark Knight today.

I was not as enthralled by it as every reviewer seems to be. Maybe I was just expecting way too much because everyone has been writing that this is the best movie, acting, dialogue, etc. in a long time – perhaps my expectations were too high? The dialogue was great and it gave you a lot to think about, but you were given no time to do so as things moved along quickly. The action scenes weren’t all that grand either.

I think I’ll watch my favorite Batman movie tonight as I have it on DVD – the Batman with Michael Keaton (best Batman if you ask me) and the Joker (Jack Nicholson who did an amazing job). I think I like that Tim Burton version better.

Maybe I just need to watch The Dark Knight again? (on DVD, I’m not paying 10 GBP ($20) again!)

And, maybe I’m just in a funk because John Edwards admitted he had an affair (after denying it; while his wife was battling cancer; while he was in the midst of the highest echelons of politics). Ggggrrrrrrr. Another chink in my faith in humanity. Sigh. And, I just now read that Bernie Mac died. It’s cool and rainy in London. Time for a hot toddy.

1 comment:

Tiggs said...

really? I LOVED Dark Knight! I think Heath was 10000 times better as the Joker than cartoony Jack!