Thursday, July 17, 2008

Holiday

It’s so weird to be getting ready to go on holiday to Canada but via airplane instead of car. I’m not nearly as stressed about it. Very weird. Usually I’m making sure my car is in working order, full tank of gas, I have my maps and toll money, I’ve mapped out which service plazas on the NY Thruway have Starbucks, I have my CDs and discman and iPod ready for the drive (yes, my car has a tape deck), and my packing is a bit more sporadic as I can take any number of bags I like, and any size containers of liquids or gels. I don’t have to go to bed by 9 p.m. to be ready for 8 hours of solitary driving and I don’t have to make sure my mobile phone hands-free device is all set once I’m in NY state.

Now, with flying, I’m just one of lemmings. I’ll get on the Tube, follow those orders, get off at the last stop, then follow the signs and orders at the airport. Someone else handles the bag, someone else does most everything. I just get on the plane and sit there for 8 hours. Definitely makes for a much much longer commute. Makes even the 11 hour drive from Ohio seem short!

The view

The Town (for Hay Day 2007)


My niece at 2 months old (2007)

1 comment:

Tiggs said...

have fun!!! tell everyone hi from me!!!

be sure to post cute toddler pictures!