Saturday, June 20, 2009

Love that Dirty Water

...Boston you're my home.

Ok, not really officially anymore, although my driver's license is still Mass. And true, I was not born and raised here and have no family here, but it still is 'home' to me.

Arrived yesterday from Paris and immediately felt comfortable, as if all was 'right', while in the cab from Logan to Back Bay. Met my friend Nancy and immediately went to Cornwall's, which is as wonderful as ever!! (Landed at 3:20, at Cornwall's by 4:30!) Fun night with friends, and despite jet lag and just being exhausted in general, I stayed awake until 10 p.m.!

Was great to wake up today, open the refrigerator and see such familiar things as Hood Half & Half ; Trader Joe's brands ; Trappist preserves ; and Thomas' English muffins. Mmmmm...great breakfast!

Today is running errands (shopping, bank, Starbucks chai latte fix) and Sox game tonight!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm so glad it felt like home again. Myself, I'd give anything for some Emma's Pizza over by Kendall...

Can't wait to hear more about your current U.S. adventures.