Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still disconnected

Well, I still have no phone/internet/tv at home, so hence my lack of updating, emailing, etc. It's not that I really miss internet or tv at home considering I was without TV for 6 years, and without home internet for about 3.

Quick updates :
--I now have a cold. But, pretty good considering I made it 2 months here before getting one.
--I am now a master at hanging drapes/curtains and other such things. I could be the next Bob Villa. That is only if you want one curtain to be 2 cm higher than the other (not sure if it is the curtain itself or my measuring/drilling) ; and if you want me to break a drill bit because I'm stupid enough to try to drill into a stone wall.
--Still no tourism things doing here as I spend all my time at hardware stores, furniture stores (although I've yet to buy a couch - what's wrong with a living room only having an Ikea chair and a folding camping chair? They're both crazy comfortable), grocery shopping, etc.
--I've discovered French cuisine is really just chicken and french fries, but it's all about the sauces they use. That and the desserts.
--Work is good, but very busy due to all the projects, budget forecasts, and the usual.
--Yes, I saw the Northern Lights in Norway. I swear I will post pictures of Norway sometime soon ; first though, I'd actually like to look at them. Can you believe I haven't?
--Am nearly finished reading Confessions of an Economic Hitman (recommended by my friend Robin) and LOVE it. You MUST read it. Amazing story. And I'm nearly finished with Duma Key by Stephen King and love that too.
--Once you get behind in listening to podcasts you'll never catch up again. I have about 225 "new" ones in iTunes. They all seem interesting based upon their titles so I cannot bring myself to delete them. Oh well.

Ok, time to go home, but now I am too late to pick up my drycleaning (closes at 19:00 and it is now 18:15 and takes me 45 min max to get home). Oh well, Friday night at the drycleaners and grocery is the excititing life a single expat woman leads in Paris.

1 comment:

Tiggs said...

the no tv/internet thing would make me crazy. I know that is probably a bad thing, but I guess I am attached to them both. especially the internet. i'm totally tied up in Facebook and Twitter. It's nuts.