Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Thanksgiving

Amazing how relaxing Thanksgiving can be when you're by yourself, with no other Americans around, in the U.K.!!! So what did I do?

-- I celebrated by wearing jeans to work today (and no one commented on me being casual - I guess wearing a nice sweater and heels counter-balanced them?).
-- I treated myself to a Starbucks chai latte this afternoon (the only thing I get there since I detest coffee).
-- I called my parents during the morning US time.
-- I called my grandma late afternoon US time.
-- I'm having chicken kievs (but they're ham/cheese filled, which to me is cordon-bleu, but here they make regular kievs and also ones like this).
-- I'm having this wonderful rice medley I discovered at Rossi Pasta in Marietta, Ohio. It's a 'combination of dry roasted wild rice with cranberries, almonds and other rices' and has a 'maple/apple seasoning' too! It's by Rice River Farms.
-- I'm watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (I own it on DVD). (on IMDB ; ABC ; and Wiki)
-- I'll later watch an episode of Bones (actually the latest one!) and CSI (the Las Vegas series, I absolutely despise the Miami one, well actually only David Caruso on it).

One of the best parts? The last five things are all being done in my pajamas. This is how Thanksgiving should be! Quiet, relaxing and comfortable :) Hope yours was the same.

No comments: