Wednesday, September 29, 2010

From the news ...

Yes, I have heard about the “excitement” here in Paris – of course a day or two later. Kind of funny considering I live just a few blocks away, and last night I even walked through the park in front of the Eiffel Tower (Champs de Mars) after attending a lecture at the American Library in Paris.

But couldn’t the AP have found someone better to
interview??? There are no ‘woods’ around the Eiffel (clumps of trees / park, yes. Woods, no.) And that scene with her holding the bag of cookies or chips? Oy vay. And she’s complaining because the police were forceful about everyone leaving? Umm.... if someone calls in a credible threat, I do NOT want the police holding a Q&A session, asking for my opinion and group consensus before we all sing Kum Bah Ya while skipping down the stairs! It’s clips like this that make me consider staying in France for a long time, and make me shudder when I think of the phrase “a jury of your peers.”

And I think many expect there to be more threats, especially considering the recent decisions made by Sarkozy and the government.

For a “crazy Megan random thought “, I started thinking that if somehow the structure of the Eiffel were compromised, could it topple over? And could it topple on top of me (physics wise, is it possible based upon where the legs/bases of the tower are)?

No comments: