Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks-what?

Well, this ranks up there as one of the most un-eventful Thanksgivings for me, and overall just a really 'meh' day.

What megativity you ask ...?

--Only 1 person in office said Happy Thanksgiving to me ; and one guy actually asked why I didn't want to be in the US with my family for the holiday. Gee, that made me feel better.

--I don't know if it's from stress or sleeping but I've pulled something in my neck. Not serious, but just an annoyance.

--Lunch in the canteen was worse than usual and the best option was a small-ish salad with two melba-sized pieces of toast each with half a soft-boiled egg and a sliver of smoked salmon. I thought I'd make up for that by taking what I thought was raspberry mousse for dessert. It was strawberry - ick. And the mini baguettes were stale. And, one guy from the office sat at our table and he has chronic severe halitosis so that was what I was smelling/breathing in while eating.

--I had several pointless meetings today, in which nothing was accomplished or I felt we took a few steps back. And I had to explain to a 4th set of auditors/consultants some of our business processes - don't they all talk with each other? I could've found a better use of my two hours. And in another meeting it was me and several men (as is usual) and of course the other three were more sprawled out in their chairs, assuming the 'cocky male stance' so to speak ; and one of them was perched on his desk, assuming an air of authority he gave to himself.

--I had bell choir rehearsal (fine) but that means I didn't get home until 22:30.

--I left work a tad early so I could get to the drycleaner to pick up a suit I had cleaned and a pair of pants I had the hem redone on - 35 Euro for that. That's FIFTY TWO DOLLARS. For cleaning a pair of pants and a suit jacket and stitching the hem on a pair of Eddie Bauer pants.

--I called my grandmother and my parents. They had a nice lunch together today but I was sad talking to my grandma because she was sad / disappointed that Lauren & Heather were sick and thus they couldn't come up, too.

--It is now 23:07 and I haven't had dinner (and won't at this point).

--And my day started at 9 a.m. when I felt something poking me in my side / under my arm. Yep, the wire on my bra was coming out so that was the proverbial 'thorn in my side' all day long.

No comments: